Saturday, September 27, 2008

Journal: Will you vote in the upcoming elections? Why or why not?

Hmm..... Yep! December kids don't get to have this right this year and have to wait four years. So Hell yes, since I am a September kid, just turned 18, finally have the right to vote! I'm taking advantage of this awesome right, the first year I get to vote, and the fact that this is a HUGE deal!
To some extent I am very weary of how my vote will be counted. I haven't registered yet and I am very nervous about which party I should register with. Should I vote with the Democratic party? or the Libertarian Party at which I agree to more? If I don't sign up with either the Democratic Party or Republican Party, will my vote even count???

It is a privledge, not a forced obligation to vote, should I exercise my right as an American to Not vote? In the least, I will vote because I care about Proposition 8 - The right to Same Sex Marriage. For goodness sakes, Same Sex marriage has already been passed, and has gone through the Supreme Court, passed by 4 Supreme Court Judges, not just 1. Can't we just deal with it?

I want to vote against development and research all Propositions in order to see what I want passed or not. That in reality, is why I want to vote. I think that the presidential part of the election is so negative these days, and by the way I would vote for Obama. Because what kind of sick person i.e Sarah Palin WOULD FINE VICTIMS WHO HAVE BEEN RAPED FOR GETTING A RAPE KIT!!!!!!!?? (As is Alaska's policy a la Sarah Palin)
WHAT KIND OF JERK WOULD TRY TO SOLEY ABOLISH A FEMALE'S RIGHT TO ABORTION!!!! (As a female, she doesn't have to agree with abortion, but, let it be a female's choice, or in the very least, make sure it is a state by state issue) (Mcain's vice prez cantidate wants to ablolish the right to abortion in the entire U.S, not just state by state no ifs ands or butts) "I can see Russia from my house!" -Sarah Palin

At least, even though they're guys, and they can't physically have a kid themselves, neither Obama or Biden have this kind of sick, selfish view in mind.

I am equal in my judgement of both cantidates, but when you take away a specific gender's rights just because you personally can't deal with it, I am against you. That is the type of person that would make a selfish vice-president.

Overall, point is, I am passionate about politics and even though it's minute, I want my vote to add up to an opinion I care about.

No comments: